SPC Nurse Technician
Department: Special Procedures
Job Summary: Assists the nurses by performing routine and delegated tasks.
Reports to: Nurse Manager
Position Level: 3
No weekends, No holidays, and No call schedule.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Carries out delegated tasks under the direction of the RN:
- Removes intravenous lines
- Takes and records vital signs
- Assists patients with dressing and undressing
- Assists patients with ambulation to the bathroom
- Assists with patient positioning
- Assists in the discharge process, including ambulation to transportation vehicle
- Schedules post-discharge appointments, procedures, tests
- Retrieves and reviews documents from PENTAX dictation system, Intergy and iEHR, as necessary
- Prepares beds:
- Disinfects stretchers in between patients
- Puts fresh linen on stretchers
- Conducts pre-procedure phone calls and documents
- Documents in the medical record, as necessary
- Ensures all entries are legible, timely and concise
- Stocks I.V. Trays
- Maintains linen inventory, orderliness and transfers soiled linen to the designated area
- Assists with inventory control
- Follows universal precautions
- Completes occurrence reports when indicated within shift of occurrence
- Adheres to all FMC and unit policies and procedures
- Attends and participates in staff meetings
- Cross trained to other specialties performed within the department
- Maintains unit training requirements
- Annual Risk Management Education
- Annual OSHA training
- Competencies, as required
- Functions in the endoscopy processing tech role when assigned.
- Functions in the front office IA and IB positions when assigned.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Normal physical ability; able to stand for long periods
- Normal concentration and normal complexity of decision making
- Above average ability to manage multiple asks simultaneously
- Body movements require occasional overhead and low reaching.
- Ability to bend, lift, pull, and push at medium work force
- High risk exposure to bloodborne pathogens and chemical hazards.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current BLS
- Strong customer service orientation