Job Summary: Works with the FMC ACO as a clinical liaison, scheduling patients for recommended health assessment visits and utilizing the digital retinal camera for diabetic eye exams.
Position Level: 6AA
Shift: Monday-Friday, Day Shift
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Schedules appointments for preventive health screenings/visits, including Medicare Annual Wellness Visits and Diabetic Eye Exams.
- Assists RN Care Managers with care coordination duties as assigned, including calling patients.
- Assists ACO Clinical Specialist with quality measures for Medicare and managed care health plans.
- Assists ACO nurse practitioner with preventive care visits
- Documents all patient interactions in a clear concise manner, maintains confidentiality, and adheres to HIPAA requirements.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Normal physical ability
- Above average concentration and complexity of decision making
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Above average ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Minimal possibility of exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of Medical Assistant program preferred
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and other applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification
- EMR and HEDIS knowledge and experience