Check In/Out Clerk
Department: Radiology Wesley Chapel
Job Summary: Manages all traffic at the front check in window.
Reports to: Office Supervisor
Position Level: 4
Essential Functions of the Position:
Prepares E-Chart prior to visit:
- Prints Encounter form, RIS forms, other necessary forms per patient.
- Verifies eligibility of insurance.
- Ensures referral is present if needed.
- Verify doctors orders or script is present before Radiology exam is performed
Assist traffic at front window:
- Manages sign in sheets
- Schedules appointments
- Takes messages
- Handles customer requests or needs
- Monitor the lobby for cleanliness and patients in distress
Completes patient check in process:
- Distributes and collects new patient forms
- Confirms photo ID is scanned into Intergy
- Confirms insurance cards are scanned into Intergy and keyed correctly
- Updates patient demographics as needed, including insurance.
- Updates workflow event to “Check In” status.
- Print Stat/Wet read forms for Technologist and Radiologist as needed.
- Scan all documents into Imaging in patient’s E-Chart.
- Update workflow event to “Registration Complete” status.
- Notifies Technologist when patient is ready
- Records “no show” appointments in the system
Collects and process monies due:
- Collects co-payment amounts.
- Balances Cardiology journal and locks it.
- Creates Cardiology journal for next day.
- Secures deposit and imprest funds
Answers phones and assists callers:
Completes the end of day process:
- Prints next day appointment schedules
- Empties HIPAA container into destruction bin
- Logs off Intergy and out of computer before leaving
- Assist Cardiology with front office duties.
- Assist Laboratory with front office duties.
- Assist Physical Medicine with front office duties.
- Gets referrals for Gastroenterology and assists them with front office duties.
- Calls Dade City Radiology to digitize previous X-rays into PACS.
- Print films or discs from PACS for patients as needed.
- Maintains an organized and clean work area.
- Assure supplies are readily available and stocked.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Normal physical ability; able to sit for long periods
- Normal concentration and normal complexity of decision making
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Above average ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Low risk exposure to bloodborne pathogens and chemical hazards
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong team player
- Basic computer proficiency
- Medical terminology helpful
- At least two years of related experience