Job Summary: Performs Vascular Exams.
Department: Echo- Sun City Center
Reports To: Office Supervisor
Position Level: 8E
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Responsible for the work flow and assure exams are performed in a timely manner.
- Review schedules for patient appointment times.
- Ensure Encounter and prescription with diagnosis and procedure is correct before performing exam.
- Check that prior studies have been digitized into PACS and previous reports scanned.
- Generate Stat/Wet Read forms if necessary.
- Bring patients from waiting area in a timely manner.
- Evaluate and obtain history on patient and document for Radiologist.
- Interpret images and generate technologist impression of exam and show Radiologist if necessary.
- Scan worksheets into PACS.
- Escort patients to waiting area when finished.
- Ensure exam room is stocked and soiled linen removed daily.
- Keep disinfectant cleaners for equipment readily available.
- Advise supervisor of supplies needed.
- Inform supervisor immediately if equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area as well as the breakroom.
- Assure all continuing education requirements are met.
- Physical ability: may require bending, lifting, positioning and/or assistance to the patient, as well as long periods of standing.
- Normal concentration and normal complexity of decision making.
- High level of verbal and written communication.
- Above average ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Completes End of Day Process:
- Empties HIPAA container into destruction bin.
- Logs off Intergy and PACS and out of computer at end of day.
- Low risk exposure to bloodborne pathogens and chemical hazards.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Registered Vascular Technologist License required
- Preferred but not necessary: RCDS or RCS
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathology needed
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong team player
- Computer proficiency
- Three years of vascular technologist experience