Perioperative Verification LPN
Job Summary: Provides and completes all documentation for pre op verification of scheduled patients. Clarifies all patient information and communicates to anesthesia any issues with scheduler.
Reports to: Charge Nurse
Position Level: 6B
Shift: Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Collects current schedule and booking sheets on all scheduled cases.
- Identify any immediate issues from booking sheet for anesthesia
- Pulls all patient information from Intergy to complete evaluation form prior to calling patient.
- Ensures all test results that were ordered by surgeon are on chart for evaluation
- Works closely with the Charge RN and the Team Lead
- Ensures scheduler understands issues and needs of case
- Notifies offices of anesthesia request or orders for more information
- Stays 8 days to two weeks ahead in calls
- Confirms patient, procedure and surgeons
- Calls patient with date and time of surgery
- Reviews instructions with patient
- Notifies Anesthesia of times
- Provides anesthesia group weekly forecast and daily schedules
- Maintains documentation of all activities
- Tracking of booking sheets
- Speaking to patients
- Tasks between LPN and scheduler and / or MD
- Date and time if office was notified and follows through on orders.
- Maintains all copies of cancelled and Non ASC candidates
- Maintains training requirements
- BLS and ACLS
- Annual Risk Management education
- Annual OSHA training
- Annual Malignant Hyperthermia drill
- Competencies, when required
- Participates in quarterly fire drills as required for AHCA Life Safety
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Above average ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to follow through with task until completion
- Ability to move conversations along to end task respectfully.
- High risk exposure to blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards.
- Current Florida LPN Licensure
- Strong clinical skills
- Basic computer proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Mandatory BLS and ACLS
- Previous experience in Med-Surg preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.