Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Are you interested in a career with a team of professionals that work closely to provide quality patient care? We are looking for an experienced CRNA to join our busy GI unit!
Job Summary: Is responsible for the provision of anesthesia services in the Ambulatory Surgery Center under a written protocol with and under the supervision of the Chief of Anesthesia, ensuring that anesthesia services are consistent with patient needs and with current anesthesia practice.
Shift: Mon-Fri, 6:00 AM start time, end time varies
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Performs and documents a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient
- Requests and reviews consultations and diagnostic studies
- Selects, obtains, orders, or administers pre-anesthetic medications and fluids
- Obtain informed consent for anesthesia.
- Develops and implements an anesthetic plan
- Selects and initiates the planned anesthetic technique, which may include general, regional, local anesthesia, intravenous sedation and monitored anesthesia care
- Selects, obtains, and/or administers the anesthetics, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, and fluids necessary to manage the anesthetic
- Maintains the patient’s physiologic homeostasis and corrects abnormal responses to the anesthetic or surgery
- Communicates with the Chief of Anesthesia and/or the surgeon and procedurist regarding the patient’s condition
- Selects applies, and/or inserts appropriate noninvasive or invasive monitoring modalities for collecting and interpreting patient physiological data.
- Manages the patient’s airway and pulmonary status using endotracheal intubation, airways, mechanical ventilation, pharmacological support, respiratory therapy and/or extubation.
- Manages emergence and recovery from anesthesia
- Selects, obtains, orders, and/or administers medications, fluids, or ventilatory support in order to maintain homeostasis
- Provides relief from pain and anesthetic side effects, and/or prevents complications.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings
- Releases and/or discharges patients from the post-anesthesia care area
- Provides post anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care related to anesthesia side effects or complications.
- Orders, initiates, or modifies pain relief therapy through the utilization of drugs, regional anesthetic techniques, or other accepted pain relief modalities.
- Responds to emergency situations
- Provides airway management, administration of emergency fluids or drugs
- Uses basic or advanced cardiac life-support techniques.
- Performs additional anesthesia responsibilities within the expertise of the individual Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to the Quality Management program as adopted by the facility
- Performs in accordance with established continuous quality improvement policies and procedures
- Supports risk management and participates in programs directed to patient and employee safety
- Serves as a member of Quality/Risk Management subcommittees, as well as special committees and CQI teams to review quality management reports and issues and makes recommendations, as requested
- Supports the anesthesia services department and the overall unit function
- Adheres to all FMC and unit policies and procedures
- Adheres to the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations
- Is a team player
- Rotates assignments in a responsible manner to ensure adequate coverage
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Maintains a current protocol with the supervising physician which is filed with the Florida Board of Medicine and Florida Board of Nursing
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Ability to move frequently throughout the facility and to stand for long periods of time
- High concentration and high complexity of decision making
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Above average ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- High risk exposure to bloodborne pathogens and chemical hazards.
- Current Florida CRNA License
- Certified by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists, or Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists
- Current BLS and ACLS
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Endoscopy experience is preferred
Hours are Monday-Friday, no weekends, nights, or holidays!